Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Let It Go, and It May Come Back to You

My problem for the last decade or so has been the shrinking nature of time, or at least my perception of it. After pretty much flailing my arms in every direction to find a cure while simultaneously also battling with a non-stop dis-concerting feeling of running to catch up with what was passing me by (which of course makes it pass that much faster and worsens the problem), I have stumbled, quite by chance, upon a cure to make time stay with me for a while. 

Ignore it the way you would ignore a distracting, self-absorbed, narcissistic person in your life. Indulge in something that makes you forget everything else, and at the end of it you feel fulfilled. For me, it is my work or being with my loved ones that does that trick. Remember: it has to be of your own volition, should absorb you, and be fulfilling.

When your do anything like that, to the level that it transcends any robust assessment of time, that's when time stretches.


No comments: